Welcome to Did God Really Say THAT!? A Blog about the Bible. This site considers the idea that every bit of the Bible is literally true, and inspired by God.
You may find this site helpful if:
* You have believed that all of the Bible is divinely inspired, but you are troubled by passages that seem morally repugnant.
* You notice scriptural passages that seem to contradict each other.
* You wonder about seeming contradictions between the Bible and modern science.
* You accepted the complete literal truth of the Bible when you were young, but now that you’re older you would like to revisit this decision.
* You disagree with someone you love about whether the Bible is “inerrant” (without error), and you would like to reflect on this issue.
This blog is written by Roger Schriner, a retired minister and psychotherapist. Roger graduated from the University of Redlands summa cum laude, majoring in religion, philosophy, and psychology. He received a Doctorate in Religion from Claremont School of Theology and an M.S. in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling from the University of LaVerne. His honors thesis at Redlands examined the ethical thought of theologian Paul Tillich.
Dr. Schriner believes that a good case can be made for a wide variety of religious and philosophical viewpoints. He enjoys exploring theological topics as a speaker, consultant, and workshop leader. He is available for conferences on religion or philosophy, college classes and colloquia, religious services, and interfaith gatherings.
Schriner believes that a person who understands a controversial religious issue should be able to make a good case for both sides of the dispute. He is therefore willing to debate on either side of most theological questions.
Your comments and feedback are welcome. Rants will be ignored, but Roger will reply to all non-rabid communications as time permits. Thanks for your interest in Did God Really Say THAT!?
To subscribe to this blog, click the “Follow” link on the top left side of this page.